We provide a comprehensive range of farm animal health services. These range from the traditional fertility work to more advanced nutritional monitoring and health and production plan implementation.
In other words we take a practical approach to putting into practice the advice we give. Furthermore, we really do prefer to work with the other farm advisors and nutritionists so that we can co-ordinate our inputs constructively.
The services we provide include:
- The full range of traditional clinical and emergency services for farm animals.
- Advice on cost-effective use of medicines.
- Bull fertility testing.
This is backed up by:
- Computerised analysis of herd disease and production data presented in a common sense fashion.
- In-house laboratory services, backed up by selected leading external laboratories.
- Interherd+ software in-house to allow us to analyse and interpret your milk recording data.
Additional on-farm services include:
- Assessment of factors inhibiting dry matter intake.
- Cow comfort assessments.
- Nutritional monitoring and problem identification – in conjunction with nutritional advisors.
As well as formally recognised activities such as:
- Cow signals assessments.
- Implementation of formal disease accreditation schemes.
- DairyCo Mastitis Control Plan.
Additional training activities include:
- Training in, advising and delivering mobility and body condition scoring.
- On-farm coaching in clinical techniques and emergency medicine.
- Advising on and implementation of practical data recording systems for health and production monitoring as well fulfilment of farm assurance requirements.
Special disease control and investigation consultancy:
- We offer a range of stand-alone advisory and investigation packages. Each one is tailor-made to meet each individual’s needs. These packages are available in fertility, mastitis and lameness.
- In addition to this we advise and implement monitoring and benchmarking for key nutritional and production parameters, as well as the data gathering to comply with farm-assurance requirements.
- We undertake a similar range of advisory and investigation work with farming and industry client’s right across the south of England.